Extended exposure to the sun's Ultra Violet (UV) rays have been linked to eye damage, including cataracts, mascular degeneration, keratitis, etc.
Sunglasses that block 100% UV rays are recommended to prevent this...
NHIS VCSHIP (Voluntary Contributors Social Health Insurance Programme)
- Out –patient care, including necessary consumables.
- Prescribed drugs, pharmaceutical care and diagnostic test as contained in the National Essential drug list and Diagnostic test list:
- Maternity care and delivery
- Preventive care, including immunization, as it applies in the National programme on immunization, health education, antenatal and post natal care for up to six weeks.
- Consultation with specialists, such as physicians, pediatricians, obstetricians gynecologists, general surgeons, radiologists, psychiatrists, ophthalmologists, physiotherapists, etc
- Eye examination and care, excluding the provision of spectacles and contact lenses
- A range of prostheses (limited to artificial limbs produced in Nigeria)
- Preventive dental care and pain relief (including consultation, dental health education, amalgam filling, and simple extraction)
N 15,000 per person, annually, and payment is to be made once.
Call:- West |Sunny - 08079992820
West |Irene - 08079992818
North |Gladys - 07055021131
North |Robert - 08079992829
East |Mirian - 07051090324
East |Gertrude - 08079992821
South |Ifeoma - 08079992837
South |Glory - 07055021160
Abuja |Comfort - 07051091880
Call Centre | 070010008000,08079992600
Email us; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Numerous Health Benefits of Natural Yogurt for the Immune System, Cancer Prevention and Weight Loss
Posted By Webmaster On Thursday, February 13, 2014 04:12 PM. Under Food And Recipes, Healthy Foods, Natural And Organic Food Tips
Natural yogurt is a fermented yogurt free from the processed sugars or sweeteners so commonly found in regular yogurt. A delicious cooling food that contains numerous health benefits, natural yogurt is regularly served with desserts (including fruit desserts) and in East Asian drinks such as lassi.
Compared with other health foods, natural yogurt is easily found in supermarkets and multinational chains, and often stands alongside its regular counterparts on the shelves.
Note: It is important to remember, however, that 'natural' is not synonymous with 'organic' in the food industry; although a yogurt labeled 'organic' is likely to be natural, a yogurt labeled 'natural' is not necessarily organic. Read our article entitled 'Natural and Organic Food' to learn more about the differences between the two terms.
Eating natural yogurt on a regular basis brings a large number of health benefits. Such benefits include the following:
– Like most natural dairy products, yogurt is an excellent source of calcium, an important mineral for bone and tooth health. Indeed, an eight ounce serving of natural yogurt provides between 30-40% of an adult's RDA of calcium.
– According to a recent study, people who consumed 2 cups of live, natural yogurt daily for 3 months produced greater levels of the immunity-boosting protein interferon. Furthermore, the cultures of bacteria in yogurt stimulates white cells in the bloodstream, which help to fight infections.
– Yogurt is a lot easier to digest than milk because its lactose levels are much lower. This is excellent news for people with lactose intolerance or for those who simply cannot tolerant milk, since it is an alternative way to receive dairy-sourced calcium.
– Natural yogurt is extremely important for colon health, since its lactobacteria cultures promote the growth of beneficial bacteria within it and discourage the conversion of bile (a digestive juice secreted by the liver) into bile acids, which is carcinogenic. Moreover, since yogurt is a natural laxative than can soften stools, natural yogurt also improves the health of the colon by curing constipation.
– Yogurt is a good source of protein. In fact, eight ounces of natural yogurt provides an adult with 20% of his RDA of protein. Protein is necessary for the growth and repair of muscles as well as the creation of antibodies.
– Finally, because natural yogurt contains live cultures that can both assimilate cholesterol and bind bile acid, consuming it can drastically help lower our cholesterol levels
• Abuse. Past physical, sexual, or emotional abuse can cause depression later in life.
• Certain medications. Some drugs, such as Accutane (used to treatacne), the antiviral drug interferon-alpha, and corticosteroids, can increase your risk of depression.
• Conflict. Depression in someone who has the biological vulnerability to develop depression may result from personal conflicts or disputes with family members or friends.
• Death or a loss. Sadness or grief from the death or loss of a loved one, though natural, may increase the risk of depression.
• Genetics. A family history of depression may increase the risk. It's thought that depression is a complex trait that may be inherited across generations, although the genetics of psychiatric disorders are not as simple or straightforward as in purely genetic diseases such as Huntington's chorea or cystic fibrosis.
• Major events. Even good events such as starting a new job, graduating, or getting married can lead to depression. So can moving, losing a job or income,getting divorced, or retiring.
• Other personal problems. Problems such as social isolation due to other mental illnesses or being cast out of a family or social group can lead to depression.
• Serious illnesses. Sometimes depression co-exists with a major illness or is a reaction to the illness.
• Substance abuse. Nearly 30% of people with substance abuse problems also have major or clinical depression.